The South Vietnam chapter of The Banknote Book is now available for individual sale at US$9.99, and as a free download to subscribers.
At the time of initial publication, this 16-page catalog covers every note (129 types and varieties, including 2 notes unlisted in the SCWPM) issued by the Ngân-Hàng QuÓc-Gia ViËt-Nam (National Bank of Vietnam) from 1955 to 1975, the Ngân Hàng ViËt-Nam (Bank of Vietnam) in 1975, and the Uy Ban Trung Uong Mat Tran Dan Toc Giai Phong Mien Nam Vietnam (Central Committee of the Popular Front for the Liberation of South Vietnam) in 1966.
Each chapter of The Banknote Book includes detailed descriptions and background information, full-color images, and accurate valuations. The Banknote Book also features:
- Sharp color images of note’s front and back without overlap
- Face value or date of demonetization if no longer legal tender
- Specific identification of all vignette elements
- Security features described in full
- Printer imprint reproduced exactly as on note
- Each date/signature variety assigned an individual letter
- Variety checkboxes for tracking your collection and want list
- Red stars highlight the many notes missing from the SCWPM
- Date reproduced exactly as on note
- Precise date of introduction noted when known
- Replacement note information
- Signature tables, often with names and terms of service
- Background information for historical and cultural context
- Details magnified to distinguish between note varieties
- Bibliographic sources listed for further research
Subscribe to The Banknote Book
If you collect the entire world or a large number of countries, buying a $99 annual subscription is the best deal because it's less expensive than buying chapters individually, and it entitles you to every chapter currently available as well as everything published—or revised (click here to see the Change Log)—during the next 12 months.
Sign up for Email Notifications
If you would like to receive email notifications whenever a new chapter of The Banknote Book is published, please join the email list by clicking the button below.