Trinidad and Tobago new 100-dollar CHOGM commemorative confirmed
The Central Bank of Trinidad & Tobago introduced a new 100-dollar (US$15.80) note to commemorate the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) that was held 27-29 November in the capital, Port of Spain.
The new notes is legal tender, circulating side-by-side with the current note of the same denomination (Pick 45). The commemorative note has all the security features of the current note, though there are two changes to the front:
- 60 years of the Commonwealth 1949-2009
- CHOGM logo in single color
On the reverse of the note are the following changes:
- CHOGM logo in full color
- Carnival sun image at the top of the note
- The Port-of-Spain International Waterfront Centre and the view of the city of Port-of-Spain in the background
- The oil rig has been shifted to the right of the note
- Larger $100 numeral at the top right of the note
- ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS in words at the bottom of the note.
Courtesy of Mark Allen and TDS.