Russia new 500-ruble note confirmed
Feb 17, 2012 11:16 AM Category: Central Asia
500 rubles (US$16.65), 2010. Introduced 6 September 2011. Like P271 but with the following changes:
- The color and styling of the front and back of the partially modified.
- Dated 2010 at bottom left front.
- Embedded security fibers in paper.
- Wide windowed security thread.
- Tactile elements for the sight impaired.
- Rainbow moire pattern.
- Horizontal novel serial numbering at left.
- Magnetic properties added.
- New UV printing.
The most substantial change to the design is on the back, which now features a correct view of the Solovetsky Monastery, which the preceding 500-ruble notes incorrectly depicted during its time as a concentration camp.
Courtesy of Andrey Kuvaldin and Sergei Balykhin.